Friday, August 3, 2012

Asking Jesus Christ Into Your Life


Jesus Christ is the Only Way

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

(John 3:16)
How to Give Your Life to Christ

Giving your life to Jesus Christ is truly the only way to get to Heaven when this mortal life is over.  Giving your life to Christ is easy ... sometimes living up to the promises you make when you give your life to Christ is difficult.  But just remember, God won't give you any trial that you cannot pass.  Just follow these steps and you will be on your way to Eternal Life with God and His Son, Jesus Christ, when you pass on from this mortal coil.
1. Confess your sins and admit that you are a sinner. 
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: (Romans 3:10)
2. Be willing and ready to repent from your sins. 
And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: (Acts 17:30)
3. Believe that Jesus died on the cross for you, was buried, and rose from the dead.
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. (Romans 10:9-10)
4. Pray and invite Jesus to come into your life and become your personal savior.
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. (Romans 10:13)
5. Read and study the Holy Bible and fellowship with other Christians.
Giving your life to Christ is a big decision.  In that one step you are asking God, through His Son, Jesus Christ, to erase all of your sins and transgressions, and to make you a new person.  If you have come to the decision that this is what you want to do, then pick one of the prayers listed here below and Pray to Jesus to come in and take over your life.  It doesn't matter which Prayer you choose.  Just ask Jesus, with a sincere heart, to come into your life, and He will.
Prayer Number 1
"God, I recognize that I have not lived my life for You up until now. I have been living for myself and that is wrong. I need You in my life; I want You in my life. I acknowledge the completed work of Your Son Jesus Christ in giving His life for me on the cross at Calvary, and I long to receive the forgiveness you have made freely available to me through this sacrifice. Come into my life now, Lord. Take up residence in my heart and be my king, my Lord, and my Savior. From this day forward, I will no longer be controlled by sin, or the desire to please myself, but I will follow You all the days of my life. Those days are in Your hands. I ask this in Jesus' precious and holy name. Amen."
Prayer Number 2
"Dear Lord Jesus, I believe You are the Son of God and died to forgive me of my sins. I know I have sinned. I ask You to forgive me. I turn from my sins, and I receive You as my Lord and Savior. Thank You for saving me. I want to live for You the rest of my life. Amen."
Prayer Number 3
"Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and need your forgiveness. I believe that You died on the cross for my sins and rose from the grave to give me life. I know You are the only way to God so now I want to quit disobeying You and start living for You. Please forgive me, change my life and show me how to know You. In Jesus' name. Amen."
GOD IS GOD

No comments:

Post a Comment